Saturday, February 27, 2010

High School Art Class (junior 04-05)

After not drawing much at all for the rest of middle school and first two years of high school (because of basketball, tennis, friends, and all sorts of videogames), I finally got into an art class. It was pretty fun learning some techniques using all kinds of materials. I wish I was able to stay in there longer instead of going to math, english, and such. The teacher, Mrs. Oskin was pretty cool though. It's amazing how teachers can deal with such a large group of wild high school kids.



I remember when the semester was over, she told me to join some sort of art group or club. I didn't really think too much of it, but now I'm really curious now as to what that art group was. Where did that paper go!? Man, I shouldn't have taken it for granted.


Lesson: If someone believes in you, don't take it for granted and believe in yourself too. (as cheesy as that may sound, but yeah!)





Learned about negative and positive shapes. Only allowed 3 pieces; cut out of black construction to make design. Dragon!




Unfortunately, this painting, the previous "dragon" and along with several of my artwork from this class all got wet (as you can see in the top corner) because I was careless. Deng it!






Can't really remember doing much or any at all of "still lifes." One of my first! Lunch bags. I wonder if they were empty.





Impasto like technique or something. Supposed to be a fountain in a yard, from a picture I found in a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment