After seeing all these paintings together, I realized that all my paintings from the first semester were all vertical, while my paintings from the previous were all horizontal...interesting.
The first project was to work from the same still life as painting 1 students, but instead of just black and white, we had to add some color to it and still see them as black, white, and grey objects. What a difference a year made...
The second painting was to do glazing again. For painting 2, we had a theme of "fruits and/or flowers". I worked from a picture of a still life I setup in my dining room. Glazing!!!... now I like it haha.
Third was to paint from a photograph and create more DEPTH than what is being shown. This was from a picture of my car that I took a few years ago.
The last project was called "Make it your own". My painting teacher gave us 2nd semester students all the same black and white photograph to work from. The minimum we had to do was crop and use color, but we could do whatever we wanted. This is what I did... it was okay.