Monday, January 31, 2011

New Sketchbook...START!!!




Got a new and sexy looking sketchbook today along with a bunch of supplies for CDA.

"Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway" is a title of a book by Susan Jeffers
that I read a few years back. It's a great book. I was curious to what it was really about so I gave it a try. It's not about Phobias nor anything about, big long-term fears, but more on the everyday fears we all face as humans. It helped me relearn and redefine what a fear really is. I highly recommend it even just for the entertainment. Don't be put off that it's a "self help" book, it teaches a lot.

So I felt like writing something on the first pages I drew on in my new sketchbook, and I thought this was totally appropriate.

I mean isn't it a bit scary starting a new, clean, and innocent sketchbook? Wanting to make sure the first impression turns out great. And for a guy like me who hardly draws in a sketchbook, except for notes and all, I was quite hesitant at first. Well I felt that fear and charged through it anyway! Maybe that's what the image was all about ;p

And when I was all done, it kind of reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book cover.

3 comments:

  1. that's a fancy lookin sketchbook man! what CDA class are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im taking 3. Vis Com 1: Dynamic Sketching w/ P. Han, Analytical Figure Drawing and Intro to Character Design...both with Kevin Chen.
    Cool huh?

    I'll be posting all the things I've done for the first week soon. So keep an eye out =D

    ReplyDelete