Friday, February 18, 2011

CDA Start!!! Week 1 Intro to Character Design

My Wednesday night class: Intro to Character Design with Kevin Chen


Here's the homework for the first week. 20 pirate heads!
Very challenging, fun, and frustrating at the same time. So much to learn!


Well this was definitely the class I was eventually going to work towards, but I ended up taking it on the first term since Kevin Chen was teaching it!

My original plan was to just sign up only for Analytical Figure Drawing since I was such a newbie, but I felt I could of used an extra class to make the drive all the way to Pasadena worth while. So Christie recommended this class, which I already wanted to take... but only if Kevin was teaching... but he actually is, subbing for David Colman. It wasn't that I didn't want to take it with David Colman... I just wanted to learn from Kevin first, but he hasn't been teaching that Intro class for like 6 terms (2 years)...

What are the odds of that?!
So now I'm in the class, even though I feel a bit over my head.
People in there are so skilled and experience. In other words... they kick ass!

Well I'm in there, not intimidated, but super eager to learn and get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment